A few things that have caught my eye over the last week or two.
- I’m finally getting around to implementing puppet at work and after a couple of false starts I found example42.com with examples and a huge amount of sample infrastructure to base things on (and in some cases recycle).
- Slides and Video’s from the OReilly Velocity conference ( Web performance and Operations) are being posted. They are still catching up so new talks re being added each day but so far I’ve really liked
- A Day in the Life of Facebook Operations by Tom Cook
- Datacenter Infrastructure Innovation by James Hamilton
- Operations at Twitter – John Adams
- Mobile Web High Performance – Maximiliano Firtman
For the videos it’s usually better to view them directly on youtube as they are a bit bigger and easier to read.
- membase has recently been launched by Northscale . It’s a disk-backed distributed storage that talks memcached protocol. Looks quite nice ( I am playing with Tokyo Tyrant for the same thing). The free release on membase.org needs a bit (well any) documentation to be useful but it looks like something to watch.