Karajoz Great Blend
On Sunday night I went along to the Karajoz Great Blend at the Auckland Museum. Not too bad.
- Morgan and Robyn have a few details, read them first.
- The “Back of the Y” guys and the dancers were good.
- No Soy Milk for the Sponsor’s coffee bad
- No Soft drinks bad
- I agree with the comments by Morgan about the panel, it’s didn’t really gel. Rob McKinnon of theyworkforyou.co.nz was okay, although he sounded a little over-rehearsed. He was good to talk to afterwards.
- Rick Ellis wasn’t to bad, he seemed a little over confident though. I am interested that TVNZ is planning to use Akamai for content delivery. AFAIK they are fairly expensive for the sort of bulk stuff TVNZ will be doing to just a few ISPs. I also wonder how what ISPs will do when their Akamai clusters start trying to stream to a few hundred/thousand of their users. Putting them on the far side of their traffic shapers might be the first step.
- I also found the music a little loud, I guess I’m getting old but I have trouble hearing conversation over the background noise. A more concentrated and quieter discussion area might have been a good idea.
- The venue was very nice however.