Running production workloads in a programmable infrastructure – Alejandro Tesch
- Talk was demos of openstack, Scipts are online here:
Managing performance parameters through systemd – Sander van Vugt
- Mostly Demos in this talk too.
- Using CPUShare parameter as an example
- systemd-cgtop and systemd-cgls
- “systemctl show stress1.service” will show available parameters
- “man 5 systemd.resource-control” gives a lot more details.
Go for DevOps – Caskey L. Dickson
- SideBar: The Platform Wars are over
- Hint: We all won
- As long as have an API we are all cool
- Always builds staticly linked binaries, should work on just about any Linux system. Just one file.
- Built in cross compiler (eg for Windows, Mac) via just enviroment variable “GOOS=darwin” and 32bit “GOARCH=32”
- Bash is great, Python is great, Go is better
- Microservices are Services
- No Small Systems
- Our Scripts are no longer dozens of lines long, they are thousands of lines long
- Need full software engineering
- Sysops pushing buttons and running scripts are dying
- Platform Specific Code
- main_linux.go main_windows.go and compiler find.
- // +build linux darwin <– At the top of the file
- “Once I got my head around channels Go really opened up for me”